rename datafile fails due to space char in filename

From: James Dickson <James.Dickson_at_mail.esrin.esa.it>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:42:22 +0100

How can I rename a datafile that makes up part of a tablespace (without dropping the tablespace) if the datafile filename contains white space?

I double-checked the filename at the unix prompt with: foreach f ( *dbf* )
foreach? echo "#"$f"#"
foreach? end

and one filename came back with trailing white space.

I took the tablespace offline and copied the file: find . -name 'foobar*' -ok cp '{}' foobar.dbf \;

but Oracle won't let me rename the datafile. Using: alter tablespace T
rename datafile '/path/foobar.dbf ' to '/path/foobar.dbf' ; I get the error:
ORA-01525: error in renaming data files ORA-01522: file '/path/foobar.dbf ' to be renamed does not exist

Can anybody suggest a way of renaming the datafile? I could export the contents of the tablespace, drop it, recreate it with a normally named datafile and reimport the contents, but there must be an easier way.

Thanks in advance,
 James
--
james_at_valhall.esrin.esa.itNOSPAM <-- remove "NOSPAM" to email me Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 12:42:22 CST