Re: tnslistener dies after SP4 installed

From: Andrew McGlashan <andrewm_at_lt.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:00:34 +1100

I have NT4WS, installed 804 Enterprise Server after SP4

Cut and paste become an issue with the desktop/explorer - could cut, but paste was always greyed out.

SQL Net Easy Config would start and end without doing anything useful - no error messages or "Dr. Watson's" and no processes showing as running.

Client software (Uniface) - failed to start up properley when trying to get to another database on a different server through SQL Net.

I consequently removed the 'desktop as web page [without displaying as a web page]' additions of IE4 and then removed the new 804 installation and re-instated my old client Oracle setup - this made the Uniface application work again (I had a zip of the ORANT tree and an export of the ORACLE registry area to restore them back [this was a SQL Net 2.3 setup using 7.3.3 support files]).

I then re-installed the 'desktop as web page' additions of IE4, now everything on my machine is working OK with NTSP4.

Andrew Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 01:00:34 CST