Re: Oracle Part# for WGS7 for Unixware 7?

From: Randall J. Parr <rparr_at_temporal.com>
Date: 1998/11/16

"jonathan.mergy" wrote:

> Oracle seems to be very confused with the two types of SCO Unix
> (Openserver and Unixware 7).

I have found them to be fundementally confused about this and almost totally unwilling to accept UnixWare as a platform equivalent to Openserver. I keep winding up with my Oracle related customer and maintenance contract records switched to Openserver (because I mentioned SCO somewhere in the contact) despite the fact that I have purchased for UnixWare and have only had Oracle for UnixWare.

I had hoped that SCO's move to a future "unified" under the UnixWare 7 would help this situation but so far it has not. I still get a lot of "UnixWhat?".

> There has got to be a WGS 7 version that will run on Unixware 7. Does
> anyone out there have a part number? Oracle can't seem to figure it out
> and they keep telling me my only option is the Enterprise version.

I wound up going with the Enterprise version when I upgraded to UnixWare7 because they could not answer this question nor could they come up with ANY time frame when WGS for UnixWare7 would become available.

R.Parr
Temporal Arts
rparr_at_temporal.com
608.827.8720 Received on Mon Nov 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST