HELP! getting 'actual filesize 'n' is smaller than correct filesize of 'n' blocks

From: <derek_otten_at_pamet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:50:26 GMT

I'm a new DBA and have just created a new production database. Having done an initial backup of it 2days ago, I created the tables for it in the master schema and in the 'usr' tablespace and then also created the primary keys on these tables. They were stored in the 'index' tablespace. I now am getting the following error when attempting a backup:
ORA-01200: actual file size of 1658382 is smaller than correct size of 2032141 blocks

for some reason, the file is being truncated. I then have to restore off the backup set (I have to do it twice because after the first time, the sys tablespace then needs recovery). I have it up and open at the moment, but I can't keep doing this, I'll never get another backup set (running in noarchivelog mode). help!
Derek Otten
Derek_otten_at_pamet.com Received on Mon Nov 16 1998 - 11:50:26 CST