disable commit in procedure

From: karsten <karsten_at_gis.shl.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:25:19 -0500

Hi,

 Is there a way to find out, whether commit is  enabled for my session or not ?
 Is there a V$ - view that has this information ?

 I would like to do this in sql, or if this does not work  in an anonymous pl/sql block.
 Writing a stored procedure is not an option for me.

 Another question is, whether anybody knows about performance  problems with the alter session disable commit functionality.  Are there reasons not to use this feature ? - I want to prevent  third party stored procedures from messing with my database transactions. - pragmas won't help, as these procedures are supposed  to read/write database state.

 I am running Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.0.4. - I would need this to work  for both releases.

 Thanks for your time
Karsten Received on Mon Nov 16 1998 - 10:25:19 CST