Re: Why Can't I resize a datafile

From: Jeremy Russell <ex-brit_at_iname.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:34:43 GMT

Depends on which parameter file your instance is using. What's your Oracle SID? What startup command do you give to SVRMGR? It could be that the parameter file is held elsewhere - and could be called "initXXXX.ora" where XXXX is your SID - or it could be called pretty much anything.

The parameter looks ok - could be the wrong file - to test it, put in something like

rollback_segments = ( no matching bracket

and see if the SVRMGR startup complains about the file format - if it does, then you've at least found the correct file.

JR