Re: Partial Restore ?

From: Wim Teuwens <Wte_at_Technum.Be>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 01:50:20 +0100

Ok. I know what you mean.

But I'm talking about 15 tables with appox. 600000 rows !

I hope our serversupplier has enough disks to sell me, if i'm importing those tables (tablespace, roll-back segments, etc...). And it's possible I have to do this a few times per month! Isn't this way of restoring a waste of time and space ?

Isn't there no tool to import only those rows from a table which meet a specific criteria ? Such as only those rows where ID > 1000 AND LOCATION = 'USA' (something like that) ?.

Thanks anyway. I'll consider your solution.

By the way, I heard someone mentioning 'Snapshots'. Could this maybe be a solution ? (I'm quite new with Oracle and am not so sure what he meant with that).

Bye