Re: X$ Tables....anyone have a list of them?

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 13 Nov 98 23:06:38 GMT

You can reverse engineer their meaning yourself. Describe the v$ views then read the output of V$FIXED_VIEW_DEFINITION. These x$ tables contain extern (c language way of saying defined externally of current module) values used by the Oracle engine. There names are purposely cryptic to discourage us from using them. They can and do change. What Oracle wants us to use of these and the k$ tables have been put into v$ and dba_, all_, user_ views.

John0725 (john0725_at_aol.com) wrote:
: Hi everyone....

: I have some questions.

: 1) Does anyone have a description and listing of the X$ tables?

: 2) Do theses tables change much between versions of Oracle?

: 3) I know that the V$ tables have most of the same data as what's in the X$
: tables......why are they so hard to get to? I can't find any documentation on
: them, but I know of a few and suspect there are many more. Is it because of
: #2?

: 4) In general are the X$ tables any faster than the V$ tables?

: Thanks to anyone who replies.

: --John Dorlon