NET8 TCP/IP connection invokes phone dialer--why?

From: Christopher Allen <progplus_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:40:08 -0800

Greetings, all:

I've just finished installing Oracle 8.0.3 server on a small network at a client's site. All tools, including SQL*Plus and Developer/2000, work fine on the server. But when I install the Oracle 8 client on a workstation and run Net8 Easy Config to create a connection to the server, the Test causes the dial-up networking phone dialer to be invoked, and the server connection I desire does not occur.

I configured the Net8 alias so it is using TCP/IP. I put in the server's name, and the SID for the database.

Anyone know how I can make the connection use the network, and not invoke the dialer?

Thanks,
Chris Received on Fri Nov 13 1998 - 15:40:08 CST