ORA-03113 when using OCI

From: <jahanson_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 21:49:41 GMT

We have an application that uses OCI to interact with our Oracle RDBMS. One of the installations seems to be getting intermittent ORA-3113 error on a select call. I know that 3113 errors are usually associated with the SQL-NET connections but I believe that OCI may use a different mechanism (since we don't have a listener running on our server). The application and the Oracle server reside on the same machine. The server machine is AIX 4.2.1 and our Oracle version is 7.2.2.3.0. The alert log doesn't seem to have any related errors in it as well. Can anyone shed any light on this?