Re: hot backup & direct load - compatible ?

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:26:43 -0600

Hot backups are never consistent in and of themselves. You must have the
redo logs that were generated durring the backup. Since the direct load
avoids logging, you could never recover the records that were inserted
durring the backup. In a recovery, you would need a way to re-load the
unlogged records.

kstingel@sairgroup.com wrote:

Hi all,

I have a warehouse which has long sqlloader jobs running against it in direct
mode. As it happens my hot backup window of 8hrs also overlaps some of the
direct loader jobs.
Question - Is my database backup consistent?

thanks
Kelvin Stingel
Atraxis

http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own