Oracle 7.3.3 on AIX 4.2.1 & Raw Devices

From: Rob <forstr_at_tdbank.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:21:02 GMT

I've read in an Oracle Press book that it is possible to expand a raw device. We are in the position of having to add space to a tablespace currently consisting of one raw device.

Is my only option to ALTER TABLESPACE <tsname> ADD DATAFILE '/dev/new_raw_dev' ...
or can I somehow modify the existing raw device at the O/S Level through the logical volume manager?

This may be more of an AIX question than Oracle, but if someone out there has the same set-up (AIX) and Oracle 7.3, I'd greatly appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Rob. Received on Fri Nov 13 1998 - 12:21:02 CST