Re: Is index on sys.syn$ missed?

From: <holmesb_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:24:49 GMT

In article <AA7OmIsK42_at_protasov.kiev.ua>,   oracle_at_protasov.kiev.ua wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why did Oracle not index columns owner and name in
> table sys.syn$? Now it is impossible to find quickly
> all synonyms for the given object.
>
> This is definition from 8.0.3. The same is in 7.2.2.
>
> CREATE TABLE "SYN$"
> ("OBJ#" NUMBER
> ,"NODE" VARCHAR2(128)
> ,"OWNER" VARCHAR2(30)
> ,"NAME" VARCHAR2(30)
> );
>
> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "I_SYN1" ON "SYN$"("OBJ#");
>
> Andrew Protasov

I'm running 8.0.4 on Solaris 2.6. The sql.bsq file for this release has the synonym you refer to. I suggest you check the contents of this file for your release. If the index is in this file yet doesn't exist in the database, then it either didn't get created or was dropped. If it is not in this file, you might create it. Whether Oracle will support you or not is an open question.