Re: help please!! ORA-00600: internal error code

From: M. Bhatti <mohammed.bhatti_at_mci.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:05:11 GMT

Jens Schauder wrote:

> I think there is no chance to help you with this error
> if you don't post the select.
>
> This is 'cause ORA-00600 is an error which shouldn't appear at all
> so there are no exact specifications what the error is.
>
> Fernando Carter <fcarter_at_fenix.cl> wrote in article
> <364AFF9F.CEAC025F_at_fenix.cl>...
> > Hi there!
> > I'm getting
> > ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12700], [939526680],
> [4],
> >
> > It happens whenI add conditions on a simple select,
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
> > Fernando Carter

   I've gotten ora-600 errors (NT4, Oracle7.2) in a similar situation ie adding a condition (where clause to a simple select). It turned out to be a corrupted index block. I assume you have an index on the table and that you are unsing the indexed column in your criteria.

Tech support had me do analyze table <table_name> validate structure. If this statement is successful than a message indicating the structure is OK is returned else you get an error message. Then you have to drop and re-create your index.

mkb Received on Fri Nov 13 1998 - 09:05:11 CST