Re: Oracle8 - Physical Files - Startup Info

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 13 Nov 1998 14:40:44 GMT

On startup Oracle reads the header block of every file to check that the last scn number written to the file matches the control file information to see if recovery is required. It seems to me that the documentation used to say two header blocks per file, but I think that Oracle actually needs a certain amount of room and that the number of header blocks may be only one for larger Oracle block sizes. You should check the Database Admin Guide for your release.

Biju Thomas <tbiju_at_hotmail.com> wrote in article >>.. >..... We find that even