Who to copy complete database

From: Ullrich <jullrich_at_tuebingen.netsurf.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 14:40:13 +0100

Dipl. Biochem. Jonas Ullrich
Eberhardstr. 11, D-72072 Tübingen
T: +49 70 71 35 74 6, F: +49 70 71 35 71 8 E-mail: Jonas.Ullrich_at_tuebingen.netsurf.de

Please help me.

We use a Oracle 7.0 database on a "production" server. We connect normally to another "development" server, to test our applications. In the meantime the data in this database are not compatible to our "production" database. I have no administration experience. What to do, to copy the complete "production" database to the "development" server. Is it necessary to create a new database and import the *.dmp-Files or is there any easier way, for example copy complete directories via network? Received on Fri Nov 13 1998 - 07:40:13 CST