Re: MSSQL 7.0 overview ...

From: Paul <javabase_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/11/12

No, OLEDB provider itself will do it for you, you do not need any middleware. They call it heterogenuos queries. To use it you have to create a Linked Server (cannot use Remote Server for this purpose - it kept for compatibility only and allows you to run stored procedures only, as opposite to direct access to any OLEDB datasource through Linked Server). I.e. you can use any OLEDB datasource in all of your queries directly using usual notation for remote servers (server.db.dbowner.table)

Ng K C Paul wrote in message <72bc71$uuh$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>...
>I think this is not related to the backend databases. This works like
>Access link tables which can be any kind of data sources. There should
>be other middleware that can support multiple data sources query other
>than OLEDB.
>
>ªü¼Ö¥K (owenp_at_NO_geocities_SPAM.com) wrote:
>: hm ... yes, but the point is MSSQL 7.0 can join with two(or more)
 different