Re: How do I supress Oracle Error Messages from being dispalyed from a PL?SQL progm

From: <deltondm_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 00:02:20 GMT

In article <72es8e$ra4_at_masters0.InterNex.Net>,   "Shine Stephen" <sinasu_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> How do I supress Default Oracle error messages from displayed from a PL/SQL
> program. For eg: I want to print out my own error message instead of oracle
> error message.
>
> Thanks,

Each Oracle default message have a number. One way to print your own messages is to create two triggers, on-error and on-message, at the form level. Whenever a message is generated by oracle it will cause one of these triggers to fire. You can then call a message routine from these triggers by passing the message number to the routine. In the on-message trigger the message number is in message_code and in on-error it is in error_code. You can then check the message number in the routine and then display you customized message. Good luck.