Re: File I/O on NT

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:40:30 GMT

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:08:15 GMT, gocham_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>We are running Oracle 7.3 on NT and Oracle 8.05 on Solaris 2.6
>Everything is OK on Solaris box, but I can't read/writie files on NT box.
>
>My settings in initORCL.ora are
> UTL_FILE_DIR=d:\serv_out;

If the semicolumn after the path in UTL_FILE_DIR isn't just a typo in your message then remove it from your init file. When the output path in the UTL_FILE_DIR is followed by semicolumn (or any other character) then the attempts to open a file from PL/SQL will result in the INVALID_PATH exception.

>Thanks
>
>Gocha

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 16:40:30 CST