Basic ODBC question

From: <bdg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:30:14 GMT

I'm unfamiliar with ODBC and need a short crash couse . . .

Can I create an Oracle view which transparently queries a SQLServer database through ODBC?

For example:

CREATE VIEW MyView AS
SELECT Column1, Column2
  FROM TableA_at_sqlserver;

If so, what software components are involved and where do they reside?

I'm 98% sure that this is true, but am having difficulty finding documentation.

I'm looking for any options besides Transparent Gateway which seems pricey for the limited query-only functionality that I need.

Thanks,
Brian Gastineau
gastineau_at_poboxes.com