Re: Oracle 7 Workgroup Server Question - Remote Access

From: <burkem_at_citilink.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:45:29 GMT

What about the LISTENER.ORA file? Do I need to configure this in order to access my Oracle Server remotely? If so, then how should the file be configured?

I've tried using SQL*Net Easy Configuration. I've entered the database instance, my remote machine name, and the other information. I am still unable to connect to the database remotely. I can connect locally on the NT Server; so, this leads me to believe that the TNSNAMES file is configured properly there.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.