Re: Move table to another tablespace

From: Jan Dolman <pantah_at_commonsense.speed.a2000.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:22:58 GMT

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:23:41 GMT, satar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>How about the following?
>

>CREATE TABLE schema.sometable TABLESPACE tablespace2 AS select * from
>tablespace1.sometable;

Pardon ???
I think you mean
CREATE TABLE schema.sometable TABLESPACE tablespace2 AS select * from schema.sometable;

but that will create two tables with the same name in the same schema (so it won't create a table, just an error). Thanks anyway, I'll try both versions tomorrow.

Jan

pantah_at_commonsense.speed.a2000.nl
(remove "commonsense." when replying) Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 14:22:58 CST