snapshot view problem

From: <Steve_Wong_at_putnaminv.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:49:01 GMT

My database version is 7.3.3.5 on Sun Solaris 2.5.1. I'm coming upon a recurring problem with some snapshots. The snapshots in question are refreshed every 15 minutes. For some reason, the snapshot views become invalid. How can this happen? If the fast refresh for those snapshots becomes broken, it shouldn't affect the status of the snapshot view. The snapshot table definitely doesn't get dropped. I have to revalidate them and any object that are dependent on the snapshot view (such as other views and in turn procs/packs/trigs that are dependent on those views). What a pain!

Has anyone else had this problem before? Thanks in advance.

Stephen Wong