Re: Is it possible to change ORACLE_SID for one instance?

From: Jens Schauder <Jens.Schauder_at_opal-edv.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:56:53 GMT

I don't know if this would work
( I don't even understand it, aren't you just changing the devault Instance by changing ORACLE_SID?)

The normal way to do things like that
is to change the listener I guess:

stop your Listener
change the configuration so that it connects only to the test-DB but set the alias for this Instance to Prod

So everybody would connect to your Test-DB

Hope to be helpfull

Jens

Juergen Diet <juergen.diet_at_mch.sbs.de> wrote in article <364AF16B.8F1A3637_at_mch.sbs.de>...