Re: Oracle 8.0.5 & Solaris 2.6 Install

From: Peter Jones <peter.jones_at_richmond-hill.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:22:53 -0000

satar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <72d7v3$ji9$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Very Intersting...
>Is this what you get when you type "make" as the Oracle User?

Finally got around the problem...

(1) The file rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk seems plain wrong - at least to my /usr/ccs/bin/make!

It has an absolute path name ${PSOLIBLIST) rather than just psoliblist. If I change the make file I can make the target and proceed with the install.

(The error I used to get was

make: Fatal: no target for psoloblist)

Until...

(2) Seem to need SUNWarc and SUNWbtool which has /usr/ccs/lib/libgen.a and /usr/ccs/bin/ar (could have used /usr/xpg4/bin/ar). The former is optional and not mentioned in the Oracle instal docs. (We have Informix and Sun Solstice Manager on this server with no problems)

(3) Selected just the Enterprise Editor component fails to compile libclntsh.a (and other assorted link flag files).

If I just try to install the server component without a net component it fails because some library was not built.

All in all it took three days to install! Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 03:22:53 CST