Re: NT 804 Installation Issue JAVA.EXE error

From: Andrew McGlashan <andrewm_at_lt.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:03:41 +1100

Ken,

Thanks for your info.

Today I happened to be speaking with Oracle Support for other reasons and I brought this issue up.

    They told me to change the display from 16 colors to 256 colors - and that should fix it!

The actual machine I was using did not have a display dapter which would allow more than 16 colors - unbelievable!

I let the other site know about Oracle's recommendation - wonder what they will have to say.

Andrew Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 02:03:41 CST