Connect Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux from Windows

From: ZHU Jia <zhujia_at_ains.at>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:58:06 +0100

Hello Everybody!
I'm now evaluating Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux. My interest is to connect to the Linux server running Oracle from Windows. I downloaded the ODBC drivers, but then I figured out that it only works if I have a running WINDOWS VERSION of Oracle installed, because the driver doesn't come with an installer. Instead, I have to use the Oracle Installer, which I do not have! Can anybody tell me why it's that case? How can one assume that there's an Oracle Installer on every client maschine? Can anybody help me?

Many thanks in advance!

ZHU Jia Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 01:58:06 CST