Re: MSSQL 7.0 overview ...

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/11/11

ªü¼Ö¥K wrote in message <36492E92.5C3A0829_at_NO_geocities_SPAM.com>...
>hm ... yes, but the point is MSSQL 7.0 can join with two(or more) different
>kind of datasources
>which is OLEDB or ODBC supported and SQL 7.0 itself.
>e.g. u can join two tables one from SQL 7.0 and one from ORACLE or even an
>Excel file.

Distributed joins are like GOTO statements. A shining example of design and programming stupidity and a total lack of understanding the client-server architecture IMHO. And a great way to trash the network among other things. There are better ways to integrate data and databases.

Having said that, I think Oracle does support distributed join with SQL-Server tables, using a database link to an Oracle Gateway that's hooked into a SQL-Server database.

regards,
Billy Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST