Oracle for Linux install problems

From: . <wlo_at_direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 01:10:34 GMT

Hi all, I am trying to install the Oracle8 for Linux (pre-release version) into my rh 5.2 box. I have the following error messages during the middle of middle of the extracting files into the server ( Some files and directroy did got extracted successfully into the HD ) After these messages, it kicked me out back to the Linux login prompt. I have tried a few times and it still give me the same problem. I used the INSTALL script from the for the installation. I have create an ID : oracle8 (dba group) for the oracle installation. This ID also own the directory /opt/u01/app/oracle/product downward. ORACLE_HOME is set to /opt/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5.

Can anybody help ???

I have a totoal of 300 MB for /opt and this is only a test server and I do not expect to create any databases bigger than 5 MB. Currently I only have 32 MB RAM but planning on putting additional 32MB more for Oracle. Many thanks......

Error Messages:

end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00, sector 140564 end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00, sector 140565

tar: Read error at bytes 0, reading 6656 bytes in file BIN/NCUXPP: Input/Output error

tray open sector 786 :unable to read inode block tar :cannot add file LIB/LIBNLSRT.A: Permission denied.

Install.log:

tar: Network/Mesg/MMPESA.MSB: Could not create file: Permission denied. Extract failed. Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 19:10:34 CST