lost redo logs, but have consitent offline backup

From: <wwwebmaster_at_vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:37:14 GMT

I've lost my redo logs but have an offline consitent backup. I've restored the control and datafiles to the appropriate locations. How do I get oracle to start the instance w/o compliaining about the redo logs? I've tried startup force but this doesn't work. Error:

ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 1 of thread 1
ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: '/usr/data/log1foo.dbf'
ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: '/usr/local/data/log1afoo.dbf'
TIA
-Jeremy Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 14:37:14 CST