Re: Databas creation

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Nov 1998 18:50:23 GMT

>Hi ,
> We have an Oracle 8 (medium sized ) database.According to Oracle
>doucmentation , this set up supports upto 100 concurrent users.
>I would like to know , if we can scale the existing database to handle
>more concurrent users ? or do we have to recreate another (large)
>database.
>Thanks in advance.

Hi,
  When you say that the Oracle documentation says that the medium size database do you mean that you have chosen the control file for a medium size database ? If so then the parameters set within this can be altered to allow more users to access the database concurrently without the need to rebuild the database. However, you may need to look at the spread of data across filesystems and possibly increasing the memory capacity of the server if you are going to allow more users to access the database. Hope this helps as a starting point. Rob Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 12:50:23 CST