Re: Accessing public synonym

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:23:55 +0100

Hi Rajesh,
SCHONE can only access SCHTWO.DEPT by prefixing DEPT with SCHTWO. This is because Oracle resolves objectnames in the sequence table owner, private synonym, public synonym. So by referring to DEPT only, SCHONE will NEVER see SCHTWO.DEPT. Of course SCHONE needs at least select privilege on SCHTWO.DEPT to be able to see it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA