Re: Some questions

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:14:23 +0200

Derek Chu wrote in message <729o8h$rb7$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>...

>1.) Is it possible for me to display all the tables created by a user?

SELECT * FROM dba_tables WHERE owner = 'SCOTT'

>2.) Is it possible for me to show all the users who have logged in the
>server?

SELECT * FROM v$session
(there's other methods too I think, but this is the one I usually use)

You need DBA privs for using the DBA_ tables and you need to be SYS to use the V$ tables.

There are lots of other dba and virtual tables that provide you with a host of information about the Oracle database, performance, users and processes. I suggest that you fire up your Acrobat Reader and read the on-line PDF document called [Oracle Server Reference] which explains all these tables. Have fun! :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 02:14:23 CST