Re: rollback and redo questions

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:56:30 -0500

I understand this subject much better due to your excellent postings. One more question. I'm just wondering about the order of redo,datafile,and rollback.
In which order does this writting take place? If we are updating blocks 1-25 in your
example, is this written to redo, then after the checkpoint, to the datafile and rollback
simutaneously? Or is it written to redo, & rollback simutaneously, and then to the datafiles
at checkpoint? Etc., Just curious.