Inconsistent data within a column

From: Richard Crawford <richardc_at_awod.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:39:36 -0500

Is there any way I can make data consistent within a column, or standardize data easily? I've got about 15 different ways a company name appears in a column, such as 'IBM', 'International Business Machines','I.B.M.', etc.. making queries and reporting very difficult, and since this data is collected via a form on the Internet there is no way to normalize it - people can enter data the way they want. Any easy solution?

Thanks,

Richard Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 20:39:36 CST