Re: PL/SQL waits

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:20:58 GMT

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:45:55 +0000, Ian & Chris <ianandchris_at_NOSPAMgeocities.com> wrote:

>Hi,
> Probably a stipid question but..........is it possible to make a
>PL/SQL procedure/package WAIT a period of time before proceeding.
>
>The sort of thing I mean is like processing a batch of data then wait 5
>seconds and go back to see if any more work has arrived.

Use function DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(n) where n is number of secconds to wait before proceding. So, sor your example it should be

DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(5);
>Thanks
>
>Ian

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 16:20:58 CST