Re: Possibly a stupid one : Change SOURCE$ definition

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:37:08 GMT

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 23:23:56 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>There should be no problem in changing the next extent of the table
>( alter table source$ storage (next 200k) ).
>However, don't try to drop or recreate this table. This is a
>datadictionary table, and shouldn't be tampered with. The only other
>supported way is to modify sql.bsq (the dictionary creation script) and
>change the generic initial extent. sql.bsq may not exist though in all
>versions anymore.

Are you sure that modifying sql.bsq is actualy supported by Oracle?

I've read somewhere that one is allowed to modify sql.bsq, but only the part after the special token in this file. The token is "//" (without quotes). And if I remember right there were also a remark in the same article that any change even after the special "//" token should be done only under suppervision/approval from Oracle Support. If anyone have any reliable informations on this subject ("is changing sql.bsq before the database creation officially supported by Oracle?"), I for one would be very thankful for the information.

BTW, source$ is defined after that token in sql.bsq.

>Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Regards,

Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 15:37:08 CST