Re: Showstopper ORA-01467: sort key too long - PLEAAASEEE HEEELP

From: Andrew Protasov <oracle_at_protasov.kiev.ua>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 98 22:02:13 +0200

Hi Konstantin,

Eric had test database, so there were no problems to recreate it with another block size.

Later I had private correspondence with him. The real problem is not with group by clause of his view. I tested his definitions by myself and found that problem is with too many (60) expressions in his view like

max(DECODE( zsp_spalte, 560 , wert ,''))

Wert column is defined as varchar(2000). I proposed to define it as varchar2(1000) or to use expressions like

max(DECODE( zsp_spalte, 560 , substr(wert,1,1000) ,''))

Both solutions work fine.

Andrew Protasov