Re: Connecting Developer 2000 to Personal Oracle 8.X. HELP!!!! (longish)

From: Anand Mahajani <anandmahajani_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:26:16 -0800

Hi,

Yesterday I got the same mail posting from someone on this issue at one of the new goups. And when I tried it, D2K still refuses to connect PO8. I m still on WIN95. I get error ORA-03121.

The only improvement from my
earlier situation is that the connection errors out instantly where it used to take more than 3 mnts to do so. Also earlier whenever i tried anything with SQL*net or try connecting from D2K i was unable to do normal shutdown of the database. It would give me an error ORA-12547 TNS LOST CONTACT. With the stpes listed in your mail my SQL*CONFIG is ok and i dont hv to crash PO8 anymore. But the basic problem still remains.

Also copying tnsnames.ora from orawin95\net80\admin to orawin95\network\admin didnot help

Do you have any more suggestions.

Thanx with regards in advance

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****- http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 13:26:16 CST