Re: use of shared_pool_reserved_size

From: Dana Stockler <dana.stockler_at_iname.com>
Date: 10 Nov 1998 12:47:39 GMT

| When I query v$shared_pool_reserved I get zip, only free_space 15M and
| free_count 1. I would assume that used_space and used_count, requests
| would be
| incremented. Why is this, it looks that the're all loaded in regular
| shared_pool ?

My understanding is that objects are loaded into the 'normal' shared pool area if there is enough space. Only if there is not are obejcts loaded into the shared pool reserved area.

You've got a pretty big shared pool. Maybe you haven't waited long enough before sniffing around?

Dana Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 06:47:39 CST