ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: Steve <steve_at_gid.com.au>
Date: 10 Nov 1998 05:11:38 GMT

Hi All

I know we have seen this error message when a connection is lost over a network BUT I'm not using a network.

How about this scenario.

Personal Oracle Server 7.3.2 running on Windows95 Logged on to host machine.

SQL*Plus works fine but add 10,000 or so rows to a simple table and then try and do a count(*) or select * so that the table is read via a full scan and WHAM! Up comes the above message and you have to re login. The SGA size is 10Mb and seems fine. There are no messages in the alert log or trace files created.

It is like a timeout factor or a size limitation. I have no O/S specific documentation except those contained in the readme files so I'm not sure if this is a know bug documentated. I have configured SQL*Net which works fine.

Has anyone else encountered this before in similar circumstances? What is the recommended db_block_size for Windows 95?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers

Steve Received on Mon Nov 09 1998 - 23:11:38 CST