Re: Move table to another tablespace

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 9 Nov 98 22:42:29 GMT

You have three choices. SQL*Plus copy, create table as select * from, and export/import. Don't forget about synonyms, privs, indexes, triggers.

I suspect the reason why Oracle does not have a copy table from tablespace to tablespace command is because of all the extras.

Jan Dolman (pantah_at_speed.a2000.nl) wrote:
: How can I move a table form one tablespace to another?

: I cannot find any SQL command that does so. The only method I can
: think of is to copy the table to a new one (using CREATE TABLE COPY
: AS SELECT * FROM ORIGINAL), dropping the original table, and then
: creating the original table again in the correct tablespace by using
: CREATE TABLE ORIGINAL. AS SELECT * FROM COPY again.
: Surely this cannot be the only way??

: Please help.
: Jan