Setting up Oracle for NT - 8.0.4

From: <oldgent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 22:12:29 GMT

We recently purchased Oracle 8 for NT. We have an application which runs in SQL Server, but does not run in Oracle. It appears the main problem is that double quotations were used within the SQL statements generated by the application program.

Ex. Select * from swpipes where pipeno = "A1234"

Is there a setting with Oracle which will allow it to accept such a SQL statement without giving an error?

Thanks in advance for your help.

oldgent_at_hotmail.com