Re: OFA standard for Oracle on NT ?

From: Thomas Pall <tpall_at_bga.com>
Date: 9 Nov 98 19:54:33 GMT

OFA of Oracle on NT is discussed extensively in Oracle8 & Windows NT Black Book, ISBN 1-57610-248-3.

There are a number of reasons OFA on NT is not addressed the way it is on Unix. First, NT systems managers like to set up a nice big RAID 5 gigadrive then turn the box over to the DBA. Another reason is that NT's drive names leave much to be desired (C,D,E...Z).

There is absolutely no reason why even on a single instance database one cannot have various levels of RAID and different mount points for each type of Oracle file.

Dariusz Otreba (dotreba_at_globalserve.net) wrote:
: Hi,

: I'm looking for an equivalant Unix OFA (Optimal Flexible Architecture)
: standard for NT. Does anyone know if this exists ? I don't understand why
: Oracle doesn't suggest or even mention this standard in their NT
: installation manuals. Do most DBA's just apply the UNIX standard to the NT
: environment, or do they just make up their own?

: Nathalie.