Re: NEed Help: Linux Kernel-Parameter SHMMAX, SHMMIN,..

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 9 Nov 1998 12:31:40 GMT

try

	cd /usr/src/linux
	find  . -name "*.h" | xargs grep SHMMIN

litfin_at_berlin.contrib.net wrote:
: Hi
: I need some help in installing Oracle 8.05 on my Linux-Box.
: Iīve read the Oracle Installation Guide and there are some hints on
: setting the kernel-Parameters SHMMAX, SHMMIN,SHMMNI,
: SHMSEG,SEMMNS,SEMMNI, SEMMSL.

: What I donīt know is, where do I have to manipulate these
: Parameters. I have searched for these parameters in the kernel sources
: (/usr/src/linux/.config, in /usr/src/linux/Makefile, in smh.h etc) but
: I have not found a file where these parameters could be set.
: Is there a tool like rdev are something else which I have to use to
: manipulate the kernel? Or do I have to manipulate the kernel with Lilo
: to change these parameters?

: Does anyone know where to set these parameters?.

: If it is possible and does not take a lot of your time, it would be
: very helpful for me if someone can describe the steps I have to do.

: Many Thanks

: Klaus

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Mon Nov 09 1998 - 06:31:40 CST