NEed Help: Linux Kernel-Parameter SHMMAX, SHMMIN,..

From: <litfin_at_berlin.contrib.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 00:23:37 GMT

Hi
I need some help in installing Oracle 8.05 on my Linux-Box. Iīve read the Oracle Installation Guide and there are some hints on setting the kernel-Parameters SHMMAX, SHMMIN,SHMMNI, SHMSEG,SEMMNS,SEMMNI, SEMMSL. What I donīt know is, where do I have to manipulate these Parameters. I have searched for these parameters in the kernel sources (/usr/src/linux/.config, in /usr/src/linux/Makefile, in smh.h etc) but I have not found a file where these parameters could be set. Is there a tool like rdev are something else which I have to use to manipulate the kernel? Or do I have to manipulate the kernel with Lilo to change these parameters?

Does anyone know where to set these parameters?.

If it is possible and does not take a lot of your time, it would be very helpful for me if someone can describe the steps I have to do.

Many Thanks

Klaus Received on Sun Nov 08 1998 - 18:23:37 CST