Re: Self join help..

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 23:25:28 GMT

Hi,

Try my query as given below:-

select a.empno Mgr_Emp_No, a.ename Mgr_Name from emp a where a.empno in (

   select mgrid from

       (
         select b.mgr mgrid, count(*) no_of_sub_ordinates from emp b
         where b.mgr is not null
         group by b.mgr
         having count(*) > 2
       )

)
/

Example:-

SQL> select a.empno Mgr_Emp_No, a.ename Mgr_Name from emp a   2 where a.empno in (

  3     select mgrid from
  4         (
  5           select b.mgr mgrid, count(*) no_of_sub_ordinates from emp b
  6           where b.mgr is not null
  7           group by b.mgr
  8           having count(*) > 2
  9         )

 10 );

MGR_EMP_NO MGR_NAME

      7698 BLAKE
      7839 KING

SQL> Hope this helps,

Manoj Jain
Oracle Certified Professional - OCP DBA Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA