Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux

From: Five <five_at_infamous.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 22:39:43 +0000

ok, I've gotten my way through the install instructions, and got everything installed nicely on a slack 3.5 (2.0.35) system. It's now asking me (and I quote) to "Set the kernel parameters corresponding to SHMMAX, SHMMIN, SHMSEG, SHMMNS".
This I will glady do, if I could find anyone who can tell me how to perform such an operation.
I see posts from Linux users around, so somebody must know what they are wittering on about..

Anyone like to point me in some useful direction?

Ta muchly. Received on Sun Nov 08 1998 - 16:39:43 CST