Re: ANSI SQL COMPATIBILITY

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1998/11/06

The problem is not writing standard SQL. That is the easy part! The problem is to get the best performance you have to know something of how the API works and think about what you are going to do. The most common problem I have seen in large GUI systems is data efficiency. I mean retrieving only what you need the minimum number of times you need it. You would be surprised when you get more than two software engineers on a project how they don't realize that.
Jim

matta_at_metratech.com wrote in message <71su9l$3hv$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hello All
>
>Our system needs to be database vendor independent. We will be mainly
>talking to MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase and maybe IBM-DB/2. My questions
>are:
>
>1) Are all these vendors following one standard for SQL coding, ie. ANSI
 SQL.