Help with poor View Performance??

From: Dan Roberts <roberts_d_at_bms.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 21:21:10 -0500

Hello All

I have this weird problem..What I have are two oracle 7.3.3.0.0 instances..I needed to update a db in instanceA but before I could I needed to grab a view from instanceA and put it into instanceB so that during the update process I would trash a user's work

This is what I did..
exported the 5 tables I needed from instanceA and imported them into instanceB..
then recreated the view on instanceB.

The view is huge...over a million rows or so..the problem is that when someone selects from the view on instanceB it take forever for an answer to come back,,,on the order of hours..

What can be so different btw the two instances?? The tablespaces are both about the same size btw the two instances??

What else can I check that would help me understand why the performance of the view in instanceB is so poor compared to the same view in instanceA??>>Thanks!!!>Dan Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 20:21:10 CST